Thursday, October 23, 2014

An Amazing milestone in homeschool

It was a normal day of homeschool. We did our Bible time, devotion, math, spelling, and reading. His reading yesterday was amazing, which was a major improvement since September.
He first impressed me with reading his 20 words without a complaint or fear, then wrote his words I dictated to him. We finished out school with math worksheets that was fun.
We played til his daddy got home, did our normal evening routines. But this is where it all changed. I told him to pick a book for HIM to read. He of course picked the book he memorized, and I told him no. Without whining he picked another book, and this book he had never read before and it repeated the simple words.
He then sat with his dad, the first excitement was when he read "The"! This word has been the main cause of frustration. I don't know why but he struggled with it. Then he continued to read without crying or whining. He took time to sound things out and listen to instructions when it came to bigger words.
I sat by watching in amazement. To see him reading and to know we taught that to him. It's an unexplainable feeling of pride and amazement. Honestly I wouldn't trade it for the world.
I really can't wait to see what is next in our homeschool journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment