Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Overcoming a stubborn child: The Great Outdoors!

The amazing challenge I face with my youngest child is simply "STUBBORN".  We have been facing this stubbornness for sometime. The one I choose to battle with her is regarding the great outdoors. She does not like being HOT and outside for long. I know, what kid doesn't like the great outdoors?? I thought there was something wrong with her, or maybe I was doing something wrong. But I finally decided to express this frustration with someone who has 3 beautiful, outdoor loving, children.
And she said the words that made me feel completely normal (lol) "My daughter was the same way when she was young, and I simple told her to get over it and love it!"
Whhhaaaat! Its that easy? And her daughter loves outdoors... I couldn't imagine her not liking outdoors.
And officially yesterday I tried this method for the first time. 
Suck it up buttercup because
 we are NOT going inside.
I sat and explained yesterday that "One day we will live in a house that I can toss you guys outside and not worry about peoples music, language and peeping eyes (not that we have it just worries me). So you better learn to love it!"
Today was day 2! And it was much better, she gave me 30mins total... and did whine and fuss, but she did stay quiet once I calmly explained I will NOT be going home...





Tomorrow is another fun day to adapt her to the GREAT OUTDOORS

No comments:

Post a Comment