Tuesday, August 20, 2013

All things home-school

No one ever told me Homeschooling was easy! And I thank God for the honesty!
The first week of home school was a challenge, I learned so much from this little guy that I never saw coming!

The first Day was FUN and exciting, easy and breezy! Kris sighted off the days of the week, the date, the weather. We listened to the bible story, kept our hands still. Oh I was loving Home school! I thought this is going to easy... and life is good.

Then 2nd and 3rd day came and I couldn't keep him interested to save my life. They ONLY thing he cared about was who he was going to play with, and scribbling (using his left hand when he is right handed)!
I was so angry one day that we didn't even do school, I sent him to his room to "think". Then later on, I prayed "God why? Why is this so hard?"
Then someone very wise told me "You are homeschooling, you are the teacher! You can do this any way you want. You have the curriculum but no where does it say you HAVE TO DO IT THIS WAY!"

That is when I watched my son, one evening, how does he learn? How does he sponge up all that info. He remembers everything you say to him or explain to him. I sat back and said lets try something different, lets do it his way but with guidance!

We did a lot of "discovering learning", everything we did was hands on, in person and interactive. And he did good... he really grasped things. Once we discovered his learning style, it got better!

The first week was hard, but I learned so much from it! And I thank God for it!



Blessings,
Tina





1 comment: