Thursday, August 22, 2013

Yoga, a blessing from God?

**This blog is not meant to insult anyone who worships in a Hindu way or any other religion. This is from my point of view**

So me and my mother started Yoga about a yr ago together. I had taken Yoga on and off for about 2 yrs. And it was nice, but I felt like I was cheating on God. Because the place I was taking it, focused more on the Hindu practice, then the mind & body.

Then my husband encouraged me to try the Norfolk Blocker YMCA, and let me tell you. This place is amazing, it focuses on the reason the YMCA started first off. Its Christian values. I decided to take a Yoga class, this class was way different. The teacher focused on the Mind and Body of the class. But then she did something different, she ended the class with our hands on our knees for grounding in our blessings. I truly enjoyed it.

Some may find it odd when I say "Yoga is a blessing from God", because usually Yoga and God don't normally go hand in hand. But to us, it has helped in so many way. It has helped reduce stress, it gave us a routine, and it challenged us to better our practice each time. Can we balance better next time, can we tuck our knees closer next time, etc.
Last night was one way God blessed me through Yoga. The teacher said "We are focusing on Surrender. Not only to surrendering to the pose, but also what in your life can you surrender to?". Hitting the nail on the head! I have been praying to surrender. And this helped me in the quiet to talk to God, ask him to show me tonight what am I not surrendering to. We talked while doing yoga last night, so who thought Yoga would be such a big blessing in life!

I encourage you to try a Yoga class, even if you can't touch your toes, there is always a starting place!

No comments:

Post a Comment