Saturday, September 13, 2014

Mother's 4 Mother's

As I sit nursing my baby girl, thinking of all my mom friends who are expecting and just had babies, I can't help but think "Are they doing ok?". As an experienced mom, and know the chaos and stress that can creep in. I try and keep up with them to make sure they are OK, and being the type of person I am if you call I am there. 
I can remember the day (8yrs ago)  I drove to see my sister, who just had Twins. I look and there she sat in the middle of the yard looking exhausted and overwhelmed. And I just looked at her listened and walked back in the house and loved on my nieces while she took a break. Sometimes you just need someone to listen, and help with just something.. 
Then almost 5yrs ago, I read the words as I walked out of Wednesday night worship "Can you please come over?"  from a good friend who just had her 1st baby, my first action was to call my husband and tell him I am going to be late. There was no question about it, she needed help and I was going to help her.
I have had my far shares of text, phone calls and cry out for help on facebook to mom friends,  "I am struggling HELP ME!". They have always been there for me too. 
And to me as a mom,  we should be there for other moms. We should reach out to help, not judge. We should lift each other up if they show up to a play date hours late and breakfast on their shirt, or completely together and kids following like little ducks. Mom's need mom's and we should stand by each other not against. 



No comments:

Post a Comment