Tuesday, September 23, 2014

School is where you are

Friday we explored our local Garden today, and I packed the magnifying glasses and nature journal. I figured it would be a great learning while having fun day.
We got to the butterfly house, and I was nursing my youngest, while the other 2 explored and "wrote"/drawed in their journal. When one lady, who was watching them explore freely, asked my son "how old are you?". He politely told her 6, she then looked at me, "shouldn't you be in school? Or does 1st grade do half days?" I smiled then my son jumped in "No I'm home schooled, I'm doing my work now... " and proceeded to educate her on All the butterflies in the Butterfly Garden.
It was a proud moment, that not only is he proud to be home schooled. But it was also that he paid so close to attention to what he learned that day he could teach them.
I love the fact that with home school, it isn't limited to being in the same area every day. It's about learning with what's around you, and learning where you are. And I love that they are proud about home school.

No comments:

Post a Comment