Thursday, January 10, 2013

Taste and see that the LORD is good

So, I have made it to the gym 4 times now and worked out 3 times so far. I am very proud of the support people in my lives that have encouraged and pushed me to be where I needed to be. And I thank you all and I am very blessed to have you all.
But the most exciting thing about this whole goal setting is: the class I am involved with at church!
"Teasures of Healthy Living". It is discovering Healthy Living, and eating all natural, whole foods. Yes I am very excited about this! Its amazing how much food plays a part in ALL of this!
The part that stuck out the most yesterday in our introduction was
"What are we passing
down to our kids"
 Are we passing down processed, made out of a machine, out of box meals with no vitamins or nutrition? Or are we passing down healthy, whole foods? Now don't get me wrong, I was a "add water" meal maker. And I didn't see why I need to make things from whole foods. And I definitely figured drive thru was ok because I was working 6 days a week, and didn't have time to "make" food. But now that I am a stay at home mom and I can focus on giving my children the best! I want to start a new trend with my kids, that they desire to eat MORE WHOLE foods, and make WHOLE foods.
"Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Genesis 1:29
I want them to have an amazing and longer life, and to be healthy inside and out.. and to keep the energy they have. And that I can out last them with energy and distance! That one day when I have grandkids I can run after them when they come to visit!
"Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." Ps 34:8

I look forward to sharing and passing what I learn from Y-Change to Healthy Living study on!
Blessings
 Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment