Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My greatest reward

Every morning when I wake up, I hear two strong feet hit the floor. I think "Time to rise and shine". Then I hear a giggle and conversation, I think "Yep both are a wake now". I hear them say "The sun is bright, time to get mom", then I lay asleep waiting. Both kids come in "Rise and Shine give God the glory, good morning mama".
They are the reason I wake every morning, they are the reason I stay home to home-school and raise them God's way. They are the reason I don't work for money, but I work for hugs, kisses, sticky hand prints, and Lego's lodged everywhere.
They are the reason I am who I am today. I can't thank them enough for the joy they brought to my life, the friends I have come across, the relationship I have developed with Christ, and for the life style changes that I have embraced.
Occasionally I get asked by people why do I do what I do, I just simply say "Its hard to understand, because what I do is the most stressful, exhausting, hazard filled, craziest, schedule jammed packed, thing ever in the world. But at the same time it is the most amazing, joyful, greatest job I could ever do.". No days are perfect, but they are perfect enough for me to be so in love with my children.
Children are a heritage from the Lord,
    offspring a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior
    are children born in one’s youth.
Blessed is the man
    whose quiver is full of them.
They will not be put to shame
    when they contend with their opponents in court.
Psalms 127:3-5

Blessings
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment