Thursday, October 10, 2013

Rainy...hyper...happy!

Woke up to 2 kids saying "We wanna do something" at 6:15am, 3rd day in a row. Its also the 3rd day in a row it has RAINED!!!! The dog is a puppy so he's bouncing off the walls... I was about to become the "Melt down Mama" at this point. So finally I broke tradition, I put the morning schedule aside (minus school work), and opened up pinetrest and started looking for indoor rainy day activities!
The kids ate, did independent play, and then I called Kris to start his lessons. He did his lesson, work sheets, and then we broke out the first activity.

SPIDER WEB TOSS:
This activity called for Painters Tape: I had none, so I used clear tape.



















The next adventure is SLIME! Normally in the past I would have skipped this and found something "CLEANER" to do, but after you've cleaned the kitchen for 5 days in a row, none stop because you are cooking 3 meals a day, 5 days a week art room, and pretty much everything in between you stop worrying about "cleaning". So I let them have at it. They thought it was the MOST amazing thing ever!
SLIME:
Corn Starch, Water and food coloring, THATS it!
The actual amounts is unknown because you just have to guess :)

This has been now 30mins and they love it, they haven't stopped playing! I truly wish I would have thought about this earlier, but we are all still new to the entertainment for children stage :)









Now everyone is HAPPY and not minding the rain so much!
Blessings
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment