Monday, July 6, 2015

Crunchy Mom

 Today was another "Crunchy Mom" moment. I laugh as I sit here writing this, simply because I never imagined myself this way!

This morning was milestone, Vanessa slept in til after 7am! That's right she slept in AND slept in her own crib for 12hrs! But when I went to go change her, it changed the celebration to fear. She was completely covered with a rash from head to toe. MY WORST FEAR! Something is wrong and I don't know what it is. My first thought "Hand Foot and Mouth", oh no we've been through this BUT she never had a fever. So I called the Dr as soon as the office opened. And they said I could come in but because of no fever and she is nursing, they'd see her at 2:45pm. Ugh!

We finally get there and turns out she has that lovely virus that breaks out in a rash, at the end stage. The treatment plan: Oatmeal bath and store baby lotion. I smiled, and said ok! Then strap her into her ring sling and walked out, and as I walk with her in arm (Which by the way, anyone who's been to DePaul *Norfolk,VA*, knows the walk is amazing around that hospital) I looked at her, all smiles and said "Not for my baby! You just need a Small bath with lavender oatmeal soap (made by my good friend Wendy at Lavame Clean) and Coconut Oil!!!"

I can say that just that a lone has helped her already. Her cheeks looks almost cleared, and her skin has calmed down a lot. I gotta say I love it! I love seeing the natural things in life work.

Praying tonight is a calm and restful night!


Blessings
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment