Wednesday, July 8, 2015

In A blink of An Eye!

This morning was a hard morning. Vanessa was up at 4:45am, even though I tried to let her cry it out, she was pretty much starting to wake the house up. And after nursing and rocking she pretty much thought it was play time. She was UP, and I laid her down for 1hr praying she'd drift off. No such luck to be found.
About 5:50am I decided it wasn't worth waking the older 2 and got up. And at that point I decided to express my discontent on social media, only to get God's Answer from a good friend (Who is pretty much in the same boat as me with baby sleep habits.).
 "......BUT as much as I'd love for some sleep myself, I know it'll be over all too soon & the snuggles & kicks in my side & arm cramps in the middle of the night will be what I long for when he's fast asleep by himself in his own bed."

How true is that? Satan was trying to stomp all over my "Embrace Imperfection" with and unhappy, no sleeping in for you, baby. And a friend showed me the basic truth, one day you will miss it. You will wonder when did she grow up? In a few short weeks my baby will be 1yrs old and no stopping her then. She will be 7yrs old in a blink of an eye.

Now I say this with a happy heart now, and conviction... but 12hrs ago I rolled my eyes, and thought BUT I'M TIRED NOW! And God smiled back and said "I'm tired of your whining so put your big girl panties on and look!" and at that moment, her brother came in, invited her into his room and all 3 of my kids played together. My baby, who is now 7, took responsibility for my youngest. When did that happen? I blinked in a moment of tiredness and he grew up before my eyes.

There will ALWAYS be coffee, but there always won't be babies. Love them, rock them, and suck it up!

Blessings
Tina



No comments:

Post a Comment