Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Heavenly wisdom

  "Likewise, the tongue is a small part of the body, but it makes great boasts. Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark." James 3:5

So today, I read in my devotions about the Tongue and how harmful something so tiny can destroy everything in its path when used for harm. And something so tiny can be so powerful. 
How can we  tame something that no man can tame? How can we change our simple mean, hateful remarks to praises and encouraging words?

I have done much prayer this morning about it, I know there are times when I am simply don't mean harm but it comes out mean. Because it was sarcastic or meant as a joke but said wrong. And definitely did some damage. I am starting to try and speak in encouraging and kind words to not only my husband and children but to everyone. But reading this chapter today really showed me how powerful and distructive the tongue is and can be. 
And when you really think about it, how can we Praise God one moment, and next whip out an insult, discouraging word, or a sarcastic comment to someone? 
"With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse human beings, who have been made in God’s likeness." James 3:9

I know after reading this I really started thinking about all the times I've done that. Posting on Facebook about a Godly moment with my children, or stating how GOD IS GOOD. Then speak to a friend or husband with not so praise worthy thing. 

Amazing how you set out to do something and you open your Bible to find the exact thing that you need. When it says it is the Manual for Life it is no joke. You can find anything in there. Amazing isn't?

No comments:

Post a Comment