Monday, December 3, 2012

Teaching responsibility

 Double Blog today! I was justing here going through some stuff for our shool lessons and my son comes out "Mom, I cleaned up now I'm going to lay down ok?", for those who are knew, he's 4.. this was music to my ears! We have a visitor today so kris's room is being used by an amazing little guy, so Kris got to stay out in the living room to play independently. So he cleaned up the blocks and I laid him down in our room. But this simple sentence just spoke words of joy! That I taught my kids to clean up after themselves and do simple things like load and unload the dishwasher. THEN I started looking through pictures, and I have taken the simpliest things that I do everyday and captured moments. Moments of my children working, serving and doing it with a SMILE and JOY!
Lena - unloading
Lena puting spoons away
 I know as a mom, its just a simple thing like seeing them doing their own chores brings joy. And to hear
"Mom can I help you" 
And wash dishes 
Just gives me warm fuzzies! I pray every day a servants heart is born more and more as they get older! I also want to encourage you as a parent to not hold back responsibility, and encourage them to serve EVERYONE whenever they can!
Kris helping his dad do dishes

Kris rolling out dough
Helping make Calzones


Yea he helps load groceries
 "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
 Prov 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment