Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy OFFICIAL 1yr to NATURAL LIVING

So I have been officially working towards my goal of Natural living with food for 1yr, and completely living naturally for 2 years come May 2014. And I was asked about my story, and I thought I would update on my blog and do a little story telling. I have been slowly adapting to the natural living, because I knew I couldn't do a giant leap with me being a mother of 2 (almost 3) and a wife. I would need to slowly make the changes and change to menu as well. So here is my story, I hope you enjoy!

Back in 2012, I was looking into becoming a little more natural. Less chemical, less dyes, less wasting money. I started googling things about how to save on making items, and the first thing I came up with was detergent. I realized adding another member to our family I was washing A LOT more clothes and going through detergent like it was water. And I also noticed HALF the ingredients I could not pronounce! So I started reading up on different things, and I started to realize that it was the easiest thing ever to make. I went to the store and made my first batch of laundry detergent! And I can say  I make it every 6mths, for the amount of laundry I do, that's amazing.

I started to look into other things through our household, I have a whole binder full of DIY cleaning products. I finally made the transition over to our food, with just making my own bread started a whole new life for our family. I started making cookies, pizza crust, and then Chinese food. Everything I started to make from scratch, or some-what from scratch. I got so involved with natural living that I was OVERLY excited about a class our church started, Treasures of Healthy Living.

The class, Treasures of Healthy Living is what really started my journey to Natural, Clean Living!  It opened my eyes to so many things, so my things that was in our home, in our food, and unfortunately in our bodies at this point. At this point of my journey the words "What are we passing down to our kids" just completely rang through out my mind. I am the person that teaches my children, I am the cook for my kids, and what I buy them, for the most part, they eat. And I successfully finished my first PERIMETER SHOPPING this past weekend (Jan, 4th 2014). And I couldn't be happier. My kids have for the most part enjoyed it, the cooking, tasting new things, making cleaning supplies, and picking out new soaps from our favorite natural living company - Lavame Clean  .

I have successfully started a new journey again, trying new clean eating things. I found a wonderful book that went a long with Treasure Healthy Living concept, called Trim Healthy Mama. It is based on eating smarter and clean! And I loved reading it, and getting started we had a major surprise come up. This past November 2013, we found out we where pregnant with baby #3. And I started looking into Baby Natural Living! I look forward to the new journey, and the more learning to go around it. Since the whole transition, I have enjoyed every moment of the change. I lost about 12lbs since starting the natural living and the gym, and holding at only 8lbs gained so far at 11wks pregnant.

I hope you enjoyed reading about my story, my journey and the wonderful journey that God had laid out in front of me so far.  

No comments:

Post a Comment