Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Never stop touching



 Listening to K-LOVE today, and I heard a story about a funeral they attended. And an elderly mans wife passed away after they have been married for 50years. And they where talking to the man, and at that time,  the wife of the DJ telling the story, came up behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder, and the widower eye widened. And thinking something happened, they asked what was wrong. And the widower told them to

"Never stop touching. Always hug, hold hands, tap on the shoulder but never stop touching. You never know when it will be the last".





And I was speechless. I found it hard to imagine not having my husbands hand to hold. To no longer have him embrace me when he gets home. Its the smallest things we take for granted. And I don't think I could ever imagine that day. And I pray I never have to imagine that day. But then I truly think about it, it is the BEST advice ever! I've been given A LOT of advice in my 8yrs of marriage, but this is the 2nd best advice I have been given.

Stop... and hug your spouse someone today and every day!
Blessings
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment