Friday, July 15, 2016

Raising Arrows

Today was "Grocery Day" here in the household. I considered for a moment to waiting for hubby to get home. Between the heat and past grocery shopping experiences. But I was up and dress by 7:15am, and the household started to stir. So we headed out at 8:15am. They made it through 2 stores (Target and Costco)  no fussing, they even had store Cashiers compliment they're behavior. Then we made it to Kroger. Now some would think this is where it turns ugly. Nope.
Any other situation, I would have changed 100% and said "The day is going down hill!!". But the moment the youngest started to fuss and cause a scene. Her siblings stepped up, and without being asked. Karalena started to try and find snacks, or something to keep her happy where she was. After I finally moved her up with me, we went to check-out. And THAT'S WHEN IT TURNED UGLY!
Vanessa had NO interest in checking out, I was trying to keep her seated, and unload, and Kris stepped over and started knock knock jokes. But Vanessa dismissed him. And that's when he actually stepped up to her and put her in her place.
"Vanessa no! Don't push me away. I am trying to help. Now I am going to sing to you and talk to you! " - Kris
And started to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, and then they started say knock knock jokes. He seemed to have officially started understanding how to handle her. She isn't as " tag along" as Lena was.
Today was above and beyond amazing for me as a Mom. I saw my kids not only behave, but be helpful. They took over where I needed them to without being asked. And never once did I hear "well I did this can I get this for it.". They truly blessed me today, with their actions.
I am proud to call them "My Little Blessings".
Have a Beautiful Weekend
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment