Monday, May 28, 2012

Remembering our fallen.... And our living...

Memorial Day is a day to remember out fallen, AND those who are still a live.


 I am BLESSED enough to have 1 husband, 3 Grandfathers who served proudly, 1 Father in law, 3 brother in laws and 1 sister in law who have served in the military. Most have fought for our freedom, some even in the most recent War. I have never been so proud to say that I come from a Military family.

 My husband left me after 4months of marriage to serve two 8 month tours in Iraq. It was the hardest thing. It taught me to be selfless, and how to serve. It hurt when people hated on those fighting for their freedom to say hateful things. But I knew HE gave himself for those he never met. And I am proud to say that my husband served in The US MARINES
I thank all those who go up to bat and don't think twice, about why they are!
 

 I know some people, go to DC to say thank you! Some go to their love ones grave, some salute a flag, and some say Thanks for a 3 day weekend. But TRUTH of it all is simple: 
"THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED AND WILL SERVE IN THE FUTURE!"

No comments:

Post a Comment