Friday, May 25, 2012

What is in a name?


A Knight without a name is a boy dressed up..
A Princess without a name is a girl dressed up..

   Growing up I always remember my dad saying that " Remember where you come from when you go out" And I always remember WHO'S name I represented and WHO'S name I was carrying. And you really think about these days, who really cares about WHO'S name they carry. Not many people do anymore, and MOST parents deny their own kids when they mess up! I am proud how excited my son gets when he sees a B, "MOM! B is for BEIN! That's MY last name!" His eyes get JUST as BIG when he stands proudly to say "I'm Kristopher Nathaniel Bein!" 
    How many of us can stand proudly and say "I'M (your name here) I BELONG TO MY FATHER IN HEAVEN" Or who would carry a banner stating WHO'S you are? Would you be a shamed? Would you be afraid of what you "displayed" while carrying the name of Jesus? We try to instill in our Children, Not only are you a BEIN, but you are also carrying the name of Jesus in your actions.
But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you.
O Israel, the one who formed you says,
“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you.
I have called you by name; you are mine.

Isaiah 43:1 (New Living Translation)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment