Thursday, July 19, 2012

Another day, another play date!

 Another day, another play date.. But not every play date is the same. Each play date, brings us mother's together to have adult conversation, and someone to say "its not just you, mine do that too". But its not just a break from the house, its also a fellowship for us moms. We encourage each other, and express any kind of prayers we might need. Offer any parenting advice to each other. I love it! Its to keep us moms as sane as possible. And to have the children, run, socialize and most important get worn out! I try to allow at least 1-2 days out the week to have time with friends.
Here's the amazing part, My children are a natural when it comes to socialization. Kris will find someone his size, and introduce himself. Lena on the other hand will find the smallest kid or her brother and say "Hi!". But I've noticed that she started to take note of her brothers interaction with other kids and will do the same thing. She will say Hi and start babbling something to them.
I've always expressed the importance of children getting out and a way from the house to run and play. Learn to interact with other children, don't get me wrong being with adults is good too. But it is good for kids to learn to talk to and play with other children. As adults we know how to share, we know how to use our imagination. But they need to learn how to handle conflict with other children, and that is my goal to have my children know how to handle problems without a parent handling it for them. We do from time to time need a "sibling boot camp" where we stay home so they can learn all over how to play with our sibling (again).  Over all we love just getting together and playing! I hope you take advantage of the last couple weeks of summer to soak up sun !!



"For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.” Matthew 18:20

Blessings
Tina




No comments:

Post a Comment