Saturday, July 21, 2012

When did he grow up?


So last night I was teaching Kris his first official chore. Washing dishes! He is old enough to take on house chores and get rewarded for it. We bought him a chore chart, and have started working on small things to earn. He LOVES it! And he told me "I know how to do this, because I watch you do it ALLLL the time!" :)
But I look at him and I wonder, when did he grow up? When did my unbalanced little toddler grow up to be a little guy?  Someone who can earn money to buy his own toys, put away his own laundry AND dress himself!
Well today, I accidentally elbowed him in the nose while fixing his seat belt, and I kissed his nose. And he said "Wait! You have lip stick on! Gross" WHAT? Since when? LOL I always wipe it away but now its gross? First I can't call him Bubba in public, now I can't kiss him with lip stick on... Oh where did my baby go???!!!

I am proud of who he has become! He is a big helper and desires to help! He has a servants heart big time. And I am so looking forward to the next stage. I do miss my little guy, but I can't more prouder of who he has become!
God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. Hebrews 6:10



No comments:

Post a Comment