Monday, July 9, 2012

Words Hurt...

So about a month ago today, I found this picture while googling pictures for another one of my blogs. And it spoke a MILLION words in 9 simple words! I decided to live by this, to never speak bad about my husband.
And in away it fits in with my plan to live like a wife of Proverbs,
A wife of noble character who can find?
    She is worth far more than rubies. 
 Her husband has full confidence in her
    and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,    all the days of her life. ~ Proverbs 31:10-12
 Since I've decided to not speak bad of my husband to anyone, I've taken notice how much damage to my husbands character it does. If I have an issue with him, I should take it to him. And not others, as I have done A LOT in the past. Even in scripture we find that even Jesus stated this:

“If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector." Matthew 18:15-17
 I pray that this also helps other wives out there, and I pray that we ALL start holding each other accountable...
Blessings
Tina

 

No comments:

Post a Comment