Saturday, July 14, 2012

GO! with Stop Hunger Now!

 Oh what a blessed day! We spent all morning at our Church packaging meals for Nicaragua. We partnered with Orphan Network, to provide meals for the children there. And it was an amazing experience!
Not only to see my 4yr haul heavy (for him) buckets to the table for packaging for shipment, I also saw him just eager to be apart of something. He never once asked to go home, or just go and play. He kept coming to me "Now what can I do?"... there where so much excitement!!!

 "Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead" James 2:15-17.
Even my 20mth (almost 2) old WANTED to help. She did the most easiest job, take a bag from a sealer and place it in the bucket. So simple, yet so exciting to her it was!  It was exciting to BOTH of my children! I don't think I could be any more prouder that I was at that moment! They where so eager to help anyone who asked, and be part of it.
This also was eye opening because here I was thinking last night "Man I really could go for a blizzard!", yet here are children who are starving, & malnourished saying "Man I wish I had the option to get food!". Most of their meals are rice and beans, and they are great-full just for rice and beans! It spoke to so many today.


 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ 
~Matthew 25:40




No comments:

Post a Comment