Tuesday, July 24, 2012

One small victory!

The basket Cover!
 Oh where do I start? I have FINALLY taken victory over the bike basket cover!
I decided last night that I was going to finish this projected I decided to take on several months ago. I was googling on Pintrest, and stumbled on a cute idea of a cover for the basic bike basket. I couldn't follow the pattern that was given (I struggle with patterns a lot). So I kept thinking there's gotta be a "Tina way", which is basically a something so simple as cut and figure it out!
I started fitting and folding til it all fit! Then I sent everything through the machine, and before I sewed the 2 layers together I fitted a phone packet, and drink holder. Then before final sewing I cut where the handle are, to give a smooth finish. I then sent both layers through, sewing very carefully. Then I hand stitched the snaps on the side where the handles are, to keep it in place.
It is by NO MEANS PERFECT! There is learning involved but it works! And I am happy with it! 
Inside :) phone pocket and drink holder

Close up of my cup holder!





A little advice: You MUST MAKE SURE EVERYTHING LINES UP AS YOU GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment