Sunday, July 8, 2012

With Gentleness and Love

So we where sitting and was watching (listening) my 2 children play independently with each other in our oldest room. And I listened to them play together, heard some of the arguments, and the giggles. I couldn't help but laugh to hear my oldest yell "Gentleness and Love LEEEENA!", with a stern and upset voice I heard Lena respond with a "Ya sir". Ah! My heart melted, to know that A)My son listens to our daily lessons B) to hear my daughter respect his authority as her older sibling. I know it sounds to some "Caveman" talk... but we are teaching Lena that Kris, as her brother and older sibling, she has to respect him and authority (when in charge of her). To witness our work at hand was amazing today!
But Kris also has to love and protect her.  And this week he has really shown that! Yesterday we where are Ocean Breeze, and he walked her up and down stairs in the childrens area of Ocean Breeze. He took care of her to make sure she was safe, and no one miss treated her. It again was awesome to witness!
We not only teach the Love and Respect to our children for future spouses, but we teach them in life LOVE and RESPECT all, including our siblings. And it has helped them not only bond together, but it also help them use the idea of Loving and Respecting as they should. I look forward to seeing more of the things we teach them!

"to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarreling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people." ~Titus 3:2

Blessings
Tina

2 comments: