Friday, July 6, 2012

Became nothing to become everything

"In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness
  And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death —
        even death on a cross!
 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
    and gave him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
    in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
    to the glory of God the Father."
~Philippians 2:5-11

Jesus Christ became nothing to become everything to us! Can we do the same? Can we become nothing of the world, nothing like the world to become everything of Jesus? I know it seems impossible but its not. I have let go of so much to find myself... to find how I use to be with God himself. 
I remember being in Teens Church, being on FIRE for GOD! If you asked me I could quote scripture like it was the HOTTEST song on the Radio. Then I let the world take over, I started working and trade school. I lost sight of God, I let the world medicate me. Watch TV, have a little drink here and there, go out, or just hang out with not so positive influence people. When I started noticing my heart hardening, I quickly reevaluated my life. What was missing? What made it like this? And quickly noticed how much I let go of God, how I started to try and walk on my own. I was sinking fast! I wasn't Christ like in any of my relationships and it showed.  
Then I became less, I became NOTHING of the world, living by the bible... the WORD OF GOD, and I became everything of Jesus! I started to become like Christ in my parenting, relationship with my husband, with friends, family, church friends, and with myself! I thought to myself if Jesus can step down from His role as Jesus LORD of ALL, and become like a servant, wash someones feet. Surly I can become like Christ in my whole life, so that someone will see HIM through me. Its a daily struggle but through prayer, daily immersing myself into scripture and a watchful heart! 
Blessings
Tina


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment