Thursday, June 21, 2012

Become like little children....

So yesterday we went to Kristopher's Dr. appt, and I sat back and watched my son interact with other children. And I noticed him talking to a little girl and he said "Hi I'm Kristopher wanna play?" and she nicely declined. And walked up to 2 boys and 1 girl who where playing with a puzzle and walked up to them "Hi! I'm Kristopher, can I play too? I like puzzles too!" and they allowed him to join. Not even a second later "MOM I have 3 new best friends" I love that boy and his level of friendliness. No matter Race, Gender, Looks, and Age he will be your friend. We constantly telling him "Stranger Danger".. but then I also see that he understands stranger danger he just befriends everyone! As long as you are nice to him you are his best friend :)




I think as adults are we like that? Or do we judge before we call you our friend? I see that with myself, before I call you a friend I have a "check list" I have to check first. Its sad yet true! Can we become more child like and accept everyone we come across? I can't remember where I heard this but they said that this day and age, children are color blind! Color Blind with race, they don't see that their friends or people they meet are color or white.. they see that they have a hair and eye color, or what they are wearing or if they have glasses. And its true... if you ask what their friends look like they never say race! And I think that is wonderful, that they see that ALL ARE CREATED EQUAL, but not all act equal. Can we do that? Can we accept everyone just by sight? And not judge before we meet them? I think we can! Lets try it starting today!




"And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven" Matthew 18:3

No comments:

Post a Comment