Sunday, June 24, 2012

In the time of needing a smile

KCC Children's Church
I felt a little flame burn out these past couple of weeks, and I felt burnt out too. As a mom, care giver, person and well a Christian too! I felt like I was running the same race over and over. I didn't feel like my relationship with Christ was moving or growing. I felt connected and I felt God in my life. I still believed in HIM as God... But I felt like I was a lone physically. So I prayed and prayed and prayed, and I could hear God a little by little.
 "I AM", "You are my child", and "Every thing works according to MY plan"...

Kris and Garrett.. 4yrs of friendship and counting
And I knew that He was there, and He sent certain people in my path to show me that. From good old friends, to someone actually calling me (b/c I normally do most of the connecting and planning)  to do a play date. But I just couldn't shake whatever it was was that was snuffing out my flame. I listen to praise and worship, read my Bible, Google Devo's, Blog, even text people for prayer and advice. But I couldn't pull through. So finally I sat down with my husband, and talked to him. I told him I need help because I am to the point of not wanting to do anything at all, even going to church. And he gave me advice, and I listened to him. And I got up this morning, even though Satan tried to stop me with over sleeping past my alarm. And rushed out just to see 2 special (God planned moments) things to break the chains around my heart. My son, dancing with his Best Friend like a goof. And smiling while singing his friend.. And seeing that amazing Joy that only God can put in his heart and face. Then the second one was watching the children of children's church dance and sing! I don't care who you are, if you are struggling go into out children's wing and watch praise and worship time, and you can't stop smiling!

No comments:

Post a Comment