Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Oh no she's up!

  As I set my alarm last night for this morning to wake up at 6am, because I am babysitting today, I had in my mind, I'll get up shower, laundry, see my husband off to work while drinking a hot cup of coffee (I usually get a warm cup because I'm chasing kids). And devo this A.M with the sun rising through the window. Yet as it sounded I quickly rolled over and hit snooze. Knowing that this is my one and only chance to wake up and shower and dress A LONE and in quiet, I still hit snooze... As I snuggle down inside my warm blanket, quieting my nagging guilt in my head, I slept for another 15mins. I listened for my husband getting dressed and then Kiss me good bye. I sat up when the alarm sounded at 6:30am, I said to myself sarcastically "Alright I'm up!". I started to stretch and pray for the day ahead. It is vital for me to survive the day ahead. I prayed for guidance, patience and love. Now I am not the perfect imagine of "Morning sunshine" as this cartoon image shows! I am blind at a bat, and when I wake I have either an afro or rats nest. But once my feet hit the floor that's when I am full awake, and my body kicks into high gear, and goes til bed time! I do wish I could just jump up, and be all smiles like I use to, at the first alarm. I am slowly getting back there, going to bed early and really pushing to get out of bed!
  What makes us resist a relationship with Christ? What makes us hit the SNOOZE over and over? For me its lack of discipline and selfishness! I want to sleep, I want to be lazy! My selfishness tells me "there's nothing to wake up for! You can talk to God later"... til the little voice (Holy Spirit) inside says "GET UP!!!!!!!" and God says "Come child talk with me!"... And when I do he constantly turning my devotions to Proverbs 31... And every time I read
"She gets up while it is still night;
    she provides food for her family
    and portions for her female servants."
Proverbs 31:15
And He knows this is what I want! This is what I want to do, wake before my husband, make a breakfast for him, enjoy his company before his 9hr day starts. I just need to let GO and GET UP!!! Become this kind of woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment