Friday, June 8, 2012

From one mother to another....



Song for a Fifth Child

 Ruth Hulburt Hamilton
Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
Sew on a button and make up a bed.
Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.
Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
(Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
(Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

Kristopher 6/6/08

Karalena 11/1/10
My mother gave me the word of wisdom, and oh how I did not believe it after my son was born, I worked (because I had to), cleaned every off day I had. And his 1st yr blew by like I gave birth to a 1yr old! And now I have watched my daughter grow, and oh I wished I took a moment to watch my son! I now take every morning to be with them, sit and play, and enjoy their imagination what they see through their eyes!! And nap time is my time! I have time to clean, schedule weeks, pay bills (unless they sleep in in the a.m), and I love it! Yes it means I don't get naps, or rest but I will have many years to rest. I have children to raise and a household to run. My JOB is to watch and love every minute I get with my babies because they are becoming people, they grow up so fast. But I see that they love, care, imagine and embrace the outdoors. And my JOB is care for 3 very important people in my life, my husband, my son, and my daughter! And if God gives me more babies to love, grow, and raise I will do the same. Love them, care for them, and raise them to be GOD LOVING WARRIORS AND PRINCESSES OF GOD! And they will make a mighty mark on the world, because I loved them, and raised them in Lord. But remember we will have all the time in the world when they are grown and fully independent to clean and dust, so don't miss those special moments worrying about what your house looks like, worry about what your child looks up to! 





No comments:

Post a Comment