Friday, June 8, 2012

Going Old School


So I talked to my son this morning, as I got a VERY early wake up from him. And we where talking about his favorite things, and he actually never named TV or TV show. It was Cars, transformers, playing with friends, playing outside and Dad (imagine that!). Then I asked him what if we took away  Cable, and only had mommy and daddy's cell phones, and internet? Well first question was "Why?" and I told him "You don't really watch TV anymore and we would need the internet for home school and other things we do." Then asked "Can I keep my Toys?" I said "yes of coarse!", "Then lets do it!" Then I explained that we would try another 48yr "no TV " weekend, and see how it goes. He did give me a look of what? Our church did awhile back, I felt like it was a great thing! But I think its a great Idea to once a month FAST from all things electronic (minus cell phones for us because it is the ONLY form of communication we have in our home) and get back to basics. Talking to each other and GOD, and play games together as a family instead of curling up watching the TV. And get active... get that "to do list" done. So I believe our family is going to do a 48hr fast from electronics and rock it old school JUNE 23-24, anyone wants to join me let me know, I would be happy to have you join us!
Our TV's had scriptures on them when we fasted last time
 "Above all else, guard your heart,
    for everything you do flows from it." 
Proverbs 4:23

No comments:

Post a Comment