Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hot & Fresh... Homemade Bread

Kris loves this process!
So about a yr ago my mom gave me her Bread Machine. I wasn't sure how to use or what to do with it! One day I saw it sitting on the counter and decided to google. I googled recipes and other things for the machine. And I am so happy that I did! 
 Not only have we saved money, but we've also prevented waste! We never really use a whole loaf of bread, but that's the only way to purchase it, so we wasted a LOT. So when I started making my bread I would try to either make it right after dinner, or wake up early enough to have it for the days ahead! Whole wheat normally takes about 3 hours (2 cooking 1 cooling), and Pizza dough takes about 2hrs total.  
Whole wheat
Awesome Whole Wheat Bread
(BREAD MACHINE RECIPE)
3/4C warm water
2tbsp veggie oil
2tbsp sugar
1tsp salt
1c whole wheat bread
1c bread flour
1tsp rapid rise
I selected:
1lb loaf, light crust
Use whole wheat setting
As for which kind is better, I dont know! All I know is my family prefers Whole Wheat, it just taste better to us. But I have made: White Bread, Pizza dough, Apple Bread (yummy dessert) and homemade dinner rolls... most of my recipes have come from www.allrecipes.com or just from friends who share their recipes! I think its better to know what's going into your food, and if you cant pronounce it, why trust it to be good for you! I love the fact my kids are into watching and learning what I do in the kitchen! I hope they carry on to the next generation! So they can eat from the Earth and from what they grow themselves!

"And God said, 'Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit.  You shall have them for food."  ~Genesis 1:29 (SOURCE: Wendy Childress http://lavameclean.blogspot.com/)




And the smell of FRESH BAKED BREAD is so yummy!
So get off that computer and start baking bread!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment