Friday, June 15, 2012

Thank you Daddy, for being you!

This weekend we come upon, Father's Day. But I find myself more involved with Father's Day then in years past (minus when I was kid). Could be because I now see why Father's are so important. I have always had my Father in my life, he always stepped in when he was needed, and was always there. My fondest moments are when we would wake up early to go fishing. It was the thing I always looked forward to was Saturday. It was the one day he didn't have work, or didn't have to worry about the work phone.
It was our time, and when I got older and didn't want to fish or wake up early, he was always there supporting what ever event I had. Even if worked called he was some how always there to support me! At soft ball, he was there the yelling "Get em' Bone!" as I stepped up the plate, to show support and to say he was there! And I hit a triple, that day. Then when I started swimming in high school. It was at an End of the Year Swimming at the meet, he wasn't there at the beginning but as I drove off the board I saw him. I didn't win but he said "Proud of ya!"
Work was important because it was what kept a roof over our head, and food on the table but when it came to family and us kids, we took front and center. He always made away to be there, as a father and friend. Yea sometimes we thought he was being mean or tough but after seeing this side of parenting I understand it was out of love.
The difference between being a Father and a Daddy, is simply being there! Being involved. Yea as kids we aren't always going to want you there, but because you stand there like a wall to wait with arms open when we need you is what makes you a Daddy!
Thank you dad, for being more than just a Father :)

No comments:

Post a Comment