Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Quiet the negative turn up the positive


Ever doubted your parenting skills? Ever doubted your husband doesn't desire you anymore? Ever doubted everything about yourself? Shhh! Quiet that doubt and know that you are fabulous! I was talking to a couple of mom friends these past 2 weeks, and noticed one trend "doubt".  And I came across this quote and LOVED it!

No one can pray and worry at the same time.- Max Lucado 
But why do we doubt ourselves? Why do we look down on ourselves so hard?
One conversation made me laugh because it is my own advice I tell myself everyday. And something my nanny taught me. "You are as beautiful as YOU think you are." And if you think you're ugly and not worth anything then you feel that way! But if you feel beautiful and strong then you are. My advice I gave this friend was "Tell the shy negative person 'shhh' and tell the confident DIVA side to 'Work it!'"... Don't let others tell you any different. You are your worst enemy, but if you feel positive you will think positive.    
Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad. Proverbs 12:25 
Then the other conversation was over parenting... I've had this one A LOT, I don't know everything about parenting except that its a learning skill. You learn each time you have a child. Everything is not going to be the same. I learned how to go from Co-sleeping to sleeping independently, eating, walking, and potty training all on learning by failure! No fancy book, or a manual.. just friends, prayer and patience. 

So in short, Quiet the negative and turn up the positive....
Its all about attitude and how you handle it!

  Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations,  I will be exalted in the earth!” Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment